9.04.2012

cupcake stand . . .

YAY! It is done, in time for the wedding this weekend! I am doing cupcakes for Brennan and Emily's wedding reception. They opted for Marble cupcakes with American Buttercream. However, I am doing a cake for the top, too, an 8" square..............Shannon built it for me on Saturday or was it Sunday afternoon? I don't remember, but here it is:) I found a website that sold cardboard cupcake stands that look similar and sent Shannon the measurements. However,  they wanted over forty dollars for a cardboard cupcake stand . . . .I was not impressed, because they really aren't to be used but once. So, Shannon built me one! Now mind you, the bottom layer (which is NOT in the picture) is 38" . . . it is HUGE! So, he built me the whole thing, but I only took the time to paint the top four (out of five) layers. I figured that was more than enough. With the full 5 layers it is 360+ cupcakes, well I am not sure if I will ever do a wedding THAT big, but yeah:) And this cost around 40+ . . . so after shipping costs etc, cheaper than the cardboard one! So, I want to still add lights to it, but with our schedules this week not sure if that will be possible:) I will probably buy silver or yellow cloth to fancy it up a bit:)

Busy week ahead! I am on PM shift, which means getting home after midnight. So, the goal is to bake like crazy Friday morning and then store them. Frost Saturday before the reception! It isn't until 4 so, I definitely have time to prepare them, and that way they are fresh!:) Next week, I have birthday "music" cupcakes to do, not near as many but still so excited. They are going to be Funfetti cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment