10.17.2012

Audrey Hepburn

My sister's request was merely a funfetti cake with chocolate frosting that tasted like stuff bought at the store :O 

I said, "you know I don't use store bought frosting . . . right? Really store bought anything when it comes to baking." 

"I know, I know, but make it taste like that!" 

My decision, and personally I don't think it tastes like store bought, but I am making a whipped chocolate ganche! All it is, is whipping cream and chocolate. Who can argue with those two ingredients? Deliciously Rich! 
Now, I have only used it as filling, so actually covering a cake with it could prove interesting:) 

Not to mention my sweet sweet sous chef is gone for the day! 
That being Rampage Jackson himself. He is so tired from our trip to the stores today that he just couldn't take part in the baking activities. 
(We ended up going to town, then I realized I didn't have my wallet, and had to go back home again and then go back to the store--I have such a wonderful memory!) 
I first went to JoAnn's Fabric (oh, my word!) best selection ever-3-4 aisles! To pick up some decorating supplies and then off to the grocery store! 

I made up cream cheese frosting yesterday for my cupcakes and I had some left over so  I am using that for filling. 

Oh, and side note funfetti is so incredibly easy to make-use your favorite base recipe (I use vanilla, but you could use yellow too) and add a whole lot of sprinkles:) The candy portion of the sprinkles melts into the cake and then you are left with the colors. 



Prior to whipping . . . .
I warmed the whipping cream up on the stove and then poured it over the chocolate chips! Then, I slip it in the freezer so it whips up better, and faster!
Whipped . . . .at this point I put it in and take it out of the Freezer so it firms up a bit!

Not going to lie, the Brown was a bit hard to work with ahahah:) But, I didn't want to go to the hassle of attempting to dye the frosting, so I just worked with it:) Not to mention how hard it is for this particular frosting is to get smooth --it isn't a crusting frosting therefore my VIVA paper towel trick doesn't work;) 
I got this idea off the internet:) and well, I really thought it turned out nicely! 







The finished product:) 
Hope you enjoyed! Was so fun to make:) I really hope she likes it!! 

Until next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment