10.31.2012

Back in the Kitchen:)


I was watching CUPCAKE WARS and had this big itch to get back in the kitchen! After all, it has been too long since I made some cupcakes (or any sweets for that matter!)

So, with that I had this need to make something with Mascarpone cheese and Ricotta. Well, I am not putting them all in one cupcake that would be a bit much, but I am going to come up with something for both.

So, with that the first up are Cannoli Cupcakes. I went to Boston and went to the famous Mike's Pastry which was soo packed and busy we just had to squeeeeeeze ourselves in the store and we slyly made our way to the front to put our order in. We got an espresso cannoli, hazelnut, and a regular cannoli . .. . So So So good:) So, ever since then I have had this desire to make some sort of cupcake . . . . .

So-Vanilla Cupcake with Cannoli Filling and Whipped Cream frosting.



These two mixed with a wee bit of vanilla and 3/4 cup of powder sugar, and you get yourself some good tasting filling! 




Love this too:) I stick my bowl and my beaters in the freezer before I beat it-takes a fraction of the time to get it to WHIP!:) 






I piped a few doing the circular one but it is pretty soft, so I just started piping one big pipe in the center! 
I also LOVE English Toffee, so I decided to quick whip that up too. . . .so easy, but oh so good:) It is so expensive to buy in the store, so I rarely do. But all this took was 1 cup of salted butter, 1 cup of sugar, 2 T of water and you heat it to 300 degrees. (Stirring occasionally)  Put it in a buttered pan and let it get the "film" on top and put the chocolate and crushed almonds on top. Put in the fridge, let it harden, and break into pieces and BOOOOOM!--delicious:)  Not to mention I have an amazing candy thermometer that I use a LOT. A lot of my buttercream frosting requires the candy thermometer . . . so, I love it! (I use to have a thermometer that wasn't digital, but I will never go back! It was "expensive" but so worth it, and so accurate, which is huge when dealing with candy etc. This is the one I have Digital Candy Thermometer (I got it for a little cheaper at Fleet Farm)

Mmm mmm good:)




Well that is all for now:) I might do more today, but think I might save it for tomorrow! Looking like Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting and then I am thinking of something good for Mascarpone Frosting:)

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment