10.06.2012

the details

So, as you can see I have made the switch:) 
I am very excited, and in some form am getting my name out there! What I truly need to do is get down to the local coffee shops and show them my work and see if they want to start selling some of my cupcakes! 

So, that is the plan . . . . 

I just saw some pictures of the wedding cupcakes/cake I did for Emily & Brennan's wedding reception! Mariah Baseman did a fantastic job (as usual) at the photography and while I can't pull the pictures from smugmug related to copyright issues, Emily is sending me some pictures tonight from their cameras:) 

It was so amazing to see my stuff on display and made me even more excited for the cake this coming weekend. I can assure you that Shannon will have his camera in hand for that one. 

Looks like a 3-tiered Round white wedding cake with black, silver and red incorporated. I am so excited to see it all come together, and cannot wait to start working on it. 

The top tier will be a gluten free marble cake. First time ever working with gluten free baking. The second layer will be chocolate peanut butter with chocolate ganache filling. The bottom layer will be marble with chocolate ganache filling. I am then doing the Wilton's Snow White Buttercream Icing to top it all off. 

I am thankful for so many shops in the Fox Valley that carry decorating supplies. I went to the outlets yesterday and found just about all I needed. I have found some of the coolest decorating supplies lately. 
Michael's has a fantastic supply, even better than Hobby Lobby. Although, I will always LOVE Hobby Lobby. I just wish we had a Wilton's store, like purely Wilton's cake/cupcake supplies--that would be a grand day. 

But that is all I have, hopefully tonight I can post pictures from the Reception:) 

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment